Cucumber, Common Name Cucumber
Cucumber scientific name Cucumis sativus L. is classified in the family of cucumbers ( CUCURBITACEAE ).
The cucumber tree is native to India. In our home it is popular to grow cucumbers as a profession Because it is an easy-to-grow vegetable Fast productivity It is easier to store than other vegetables, with cucumber being considered an annual crop. There are many root and branch roots. Can spread wide and deep up to 1 meter. The trunk is a vine, 2-3 meters long (hence it is popular to grow up to save space for planting and easy to harvest) with 10 to 20 cm long and tentacles. Around the joint to help adhere to the trunk
Cucumber leaves, petioles 5–15 cm long, with 3 to 5 angles; the apex is pointed, both stems and leaves are coarse.
Cucumber flowers, like a cucumber flower, have 5 yellow petals, the female has a small cucumber ball attached to it, while the male flower is observed at the front of the flower, with a slight protruding pollen and no small ball attached to the base of the flower. cylinder Length from 5-40 cm. The inside of the fruit contains many seeds.
Properties of cucumber
- Cucumber has properties that help cure thirst. Reduce body heat Refreshing the body and enhances moisture.
- Helps get rid of waste residues in the body.
- Cucumbers contain phenol substances that act against free radicals.
- Fruit and seeds have anti-cancer effects.
- Help lower blood pressure (cucumber vine)
- Helps maintain various balance in the body, maintain blood sugar levels. Immunity levels to stay in good health
- It helps regulate blood pressure and the balance of nutrients in the body (potassium, manganese).
- Helps to strengthen the work of the nervous system Muscular system Circulatory system (magnesium)
- Helps to strengthen the functioning of the nervous system, improve memory (fruit, young seeds)
- Helps to cure insomnia (fruit, seeds).
- Dietary fiber from cucumbers helps to control cholesterol levels. Low power Very suitable for those who want to control weight.
- Helps to cure fever (cucumber juice)
- Help relieve sore throat Using a cucumber squeezer and gargle at least 3 times a day will help improve symptoms.
- Helps reduce insomnia (cucumber juice).
- Reduces stomach acid (cucumber juice).
- Help in the excretion Prevent and cure constipation
- Helps to cure diarrhea, twisted (cucumber leaves).
- Cucumber juice has a mild laxative effect.
- Helps to nourish the digestive system in the body.
- Cucumber juice has a diuretic effect.
Help reduce edema
Research shows that cucumber has a mild antiseptic effect to help stop bacteria. Stimulate the small intestine and uterus to contract. Stimulate the production of bacteria Inhibits thyroid poisoning Resist mutation Anti-tumor growth, kill parasites, stimulate interferon formation, help repel insects, cure scurvy, remove scars, etc.
Cucumber is rich in many important substances that have the effect of promoting good skin health. And as a precursor to the synthesis of natural moisture or Natural Moisturizing Factors (NMFs) and also contains the amino acid cystine (Cystine) and methionine (Methionine) to help make it flexible. Skin too.
Cucumbers contain anthoxanthin. (Anthoxanthins), which has anti-inflammatory effects. Reduce knee pain and help fight tuberculosis. Drinking cucumber juice regularly will help nourish the hair. Nails and skin as well And also help slow down the aging of the hair Solve the problem of thin hair as well. Cucumber is used as a vegetable alongside chili paste. A single dish, etc., helps to relax the spiciness. And help cure greasy in a single dish.
At present, cucumber juice is used in various cosmetics such as facial cleanser, facial cleanser, facial soap, cucumber cream, skin care cream, anti-aging cream, sunscreen and lotion to help prevent dry skin. Helps to heal the skin. Makes the skin look healthy, etc.
Cucumber dishes such as cucumber salad and boiled egg Fresh Boiled Cucumber Stuffed with Melon Salad with Cucumber and Tuna Boiled cucumber, roasted pork, fried cucumber, egg, pickled cucumber, etc.
The cucumber treatment helps reduce wrinkles, reduce acne, reduce dark spots, help nourish and youthful skin. Add moisture Don’t make it face Make the skin white Help nourish the eyes Solve the problem of dark eyes, puffy eyes, nourishing hair, preventing damaged hair, etc. It is a very popular vegetable. It is popular to be eaten alongside various chili paste, Laab, a single dish such as fried rice, chicken rice, roasted red pork, crispy pork, and vegetable salad with cucumber, because it is a watery vegetable Thus helping to relax the spicy as well And also helps to fix greasy in food.
Nutritional value of cucumber with peel per 100 grams
- Energy 16 kcal
- 3.63 g of carbohydrates
- 1.67 g sugar
- 0.5 g fiber
- 0.11 g fat
- 0.65 g protein
- 95.23 g of water
- Vitamin B1 0.027 mg 2%
- Vitamin B2 0.033 mg 3%
- Vitamin B3 0.098 mg 1%
- Vitamin B5 0.259 mg 5%
- Vitamin B6 0.04 mg 3%
- Vitamin B9 7 μg 2%
- Vitamin C 2.8 mg 3%
- Vitamin K 16.4 μg
- Calcium 16 mg 2%
- Iron 0.28 mg 2%
- Magnesium 13 mg 4%
- Manganese 0.079 mg 4%
- Phosphorus 24 mg 3%
- Potassium 147 mg 3%
- Sodium 2 mg 0%
- Zinc 0.2 mg 2%
- Fluoride 1.3 μg 11%