Pineapple Scientific name Ananas comosus (L.) Merr. Is classified in the pineapple family ( BROMELIACEAE ) and in subfamily. BROMELIOIDEAE
Other local names as Manat Makanat Bo Nat (North), Bak Nat (Northeast), Ya Nad Jack Thong (South), etc.
Pineapples originated in South America. They are resistant to various environments and are considered to be the fruit of our home economy. Major planting sites are usually near the sea such as Prachuap Khiri Khan, Phetchaburi, Chonburi or Uttaradit, Lampang, Phitsanulok, etc. (Sriracha pineapple, large fruit, juicy, light yellow), Indarachit variety (Or native species), Phuket species (small, thick Crispy yellow meat), Nang Lae variety (honey variety The meat is dark yellow. Sweet taste), etc.
The pineapples are considered to be another healthy fruit. The benefits of pineapples are diverse. It is rich in many minerals and vitamins, including carbohydrates, vitamin C, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B3, vitamin B5, vitamin B6, folic acid, calcium, potassium elements. Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus, Iron, Zinc, etc. Its very beneficial to the body and our health. And the medicinal properties of the pineapple It can help treat a variety of symptoms as well, such as dysentery, gallstones, help relieve symptoms of purulent scars, diuretic, etc.
Property of pineapple
- Help to strengthen the immune system in the body.
- Help reduce the risk of cancer.
- It can help relieve and cure cold symptoms.
- Helps the blood flow better.
- Helps to strengthen oral health Prevent the development of gum disease
- Help relieve heat Restless, thirsty
- Help relieve constipation Inconvenient urination
- Helps to digest protein foods
- It can help reduce phlegm in the throat.
- Helps to urinate Not urinating
- Help treat gallstones
- Helps cure nephritis
- Help treat high blood pressure.
- Help treat bronchitis
- Help relieve symptoms of dysentery
- It is believed to help treat and relieve symptoms of trigger finger syndrome.
- Help treat edema
- Help heal purulent wounds
- Help with cracked heels
- Reduces inflammation from wounds
- As a skin drug treatment
- Fresh leaves can be used as a laxative or parasite.
- The raw fruit can be used to stop bleeding.
- Raw pineapple helps drive monthly.
- Part of the pineapple root can be used as a remedy for worsening kidney disease.
- Pineapple thorns help to neutralize various boils
The benefits of pineapple
Helps to nourish the skin to always be radiant and fight free radicals in the body Helps slow down the occurrence of wrinkles and aging.
Pineapple is a fruit that, when eaten, will feel comfortable in your stomach. Does not feel uncomfortable. You can make a pineapple stirring.Other processing of pineapple such as pineapple wine making, pineapple jam, etc. The nutritional value of pineapple per 100 grams.
- 50 kcal energy
- 13.12 g of carbohydrates
- 9.85 g sugar
- 1.4 g fiber
- 0.12 g fat
- 0.54 g protein
- Vitamin B1 0.079 mg 7%
- Vitamin B2 0.032 mg 3%
- Vitamin B3 0.5 mg 3%
- Vitamin B5 0.213 mg 4%.
- Vitamin B6 0.112 mg 9%
- Vitamin B9 18 μg 5%
- Choline 5.5 mg 1%
- Vitamin C 47.8 mg 58%
- Calcium 13 mg 1%
- Iron 0.29 mg 2%
- Magnesium 12 mg 3%
- Manganese 0.927 mg 44%
- Phosphorus 8 mg 1%
- Potassium 109 mg 2%
- Sodium 1 mg 0%
- Zinc 0.12 mg 1%
- % Percentage of recommended daily intake for adults (Data from: USDA Nutrient database )
It is good to eat it fresh, uncooked, or heat treated to prevent vitamin loss. Pineapples that have started to soften and have a chewy juice oozing out, indicating that they are beginning to rot or overcook. Therefore should not be eaten