1. Research has shown that the DASH Diet coupled with exercise can help patients. The hypertension have their blood pressure dropped to 16 points within 4 months also reduces bad cholesterol in the body into
2 Reduction The risk of cancer.
3. The risk of having a defective metabolism. Studies have shown that it can reduce up to 81%.
4. Reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes and have better insulin resistance
5. Heart disease – It was found that it can reduce the risk of heart disease to 20% and reduce the risk of cerebral vessels in the brain to 29%.
6. Reducing calories during the DASH Diet with resistance exercise. Able to lose weight including a significant decrease in fat%.
What are the advantages of the DASH Diet?
1. Recognized by medical institutions such as NHLBI, American heart association, etc.
2. Health benefits DASH Diet is recommended for people with high cholesterol and high blood pressure. But in fact, it can be used by anyone who wants to stay healthy.
3. Easy to do because the DASH Diet has a lot of food options. Can use for a long term.
4. Get nutritious nutrients. The DASH Diet recommends eating staple foods such as fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Including limiting processed foods with high salt content.
5. Blood pressure. Eating foods that contain calcium and magnesium. High potassium And limit the quantity Sodium. Which results in lower blood pressure.
6. Reduce the level of cholesterol. It recommends eating a diet of whole grains, whole wheat, brown rice, a dietary source with high fiber. Eating foods high in fiber can help lower your cholesterol levels.
7. Lose weight DASH Diet can help you lose weight because it is recommended to eat the main foods that are high in volume but less
What are the disadvantages of the DASH diet?
1. Not a specific method for early weight loss. Therefore, you should adjust the amount of nutrients you eat if you want to use it for weight loss.
2. Eat a lot of fiber foods.
3. Expensive costs The DASH Diet recommends eating fruits, vegetables, whole grains, which may contain The price is quite high.
4. Must note the amount of food and sodium intake per day.